KAS stands for Karnataka Administrative Services Exams. KAS is conducted by Karnataka Public Service Commission. There are basically three main levels included to be assessed for the competitive exam.
- The Preliminary Examination or Objective Type
- Main examination
- Personality Test
All those candidates who are able to clear the preliminary examination are eligible to sit for the Main examination & further all those candidates who clear the main exams can appear for Personality Test. Candidates who are able to crack the Personality Test are eligible to get the job.
It is already known that those candidates must be Indian National. Along with it candidates must have Graduated from a recognized University/ Institute. Only those candidates belonging to age group of 21 years to 30 years can apply for KAS competitive examinations. Where as candidates belonging to OBC group can apply upto the age of 33 years where as candidates belonging to SC/ST category can apply upto the age of 35 years. With this basic information let us consider some useful tips for How to prepare for KAS?
Tips on How to prepare for KAS?
Interested & eligible candidates pleas pay closer attention towards few useful guidelines & steps involved in preparation of KAS.
- All those candidates who are preparing for KAS entrance exam must make it a point to read the newspaper daily as well as keep in touch with the TV news report.
- Try to share more & more things with your peers & surrounding people as well as grasp the things mentioned to you by them.
- Know your exam pattern well. One must know the no. of questions & the weightage carried by them.
- Keep a track on the best books for KAS.
- Practicing previous year question papers shall build up the confidence level within you.
- Books which can be followed for KAS are:
G.K. & G.S
Uniuque Year Book
Indian politics by
The philosophy of Law: An Exposition of the Fundamental Principles of Jurisprudence as the Science of Right by Immanuel Kan
Ancient India by
D.D.Kausambi’s Historical Outline
English Grammar by
Wren and Martin
N.C.E.R.T. Book [Std. xi & Std. xii]
Beyond Freedom: Talks with Nisargadatta Maharaj
Please contribute your suggestions by writing down in the comment section given below & keep following http://www.careersamosa.com