Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is comprehensive test, whose test scores are accepted for admission to graduate and business school all around the world. GRE is modified General Test taken by individuals applying to various graduate and business school programs in United States and other countries. This test is managed by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), GRE is available at about 700 centers in over 160 countries.
GRE Exam Pattern
GRE Examination consists for two test General and Subject test. Both the test have objective type multiple choice questions (MCQs) .
GRE Exam Syllabus
General Test Syllabus
- Aalytical Writing: Essay Writing tasks, this section consists of two analytical writing tasks: “Present Your Perspective on an Issue” task (45 minutes) and Analyze an Argument” task (30 minutes).
- Verbal Test: Analogies, Antonyms, Sentence Completions and Reading comprehension.
- Quantitative Test:Problem solving skills, focusing on basic concepts of Algebra, Arithmetic, Geometry and Data Analysis.
Subject Test Syllabus
GRE Subject test is divided into seven major areas of specializations, which are as follows:
- Mathematics: Calculus, Algebra, Sequence and Series, Functions, Continuity, differentiability and Integrability, Geometry, Complex Variables, Probability and statistics and Numerical Analysis.
- Physics: Basic Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetism, Optics and Wave Phenomena, Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics, Atomic Physics, Special Relativity, Laboratory Methods, Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Chemistry: Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry
- Biology: Organismal Biology, Ecology and Evolution, Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology: Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Literature in English: Identify, Literary Analysis, Cultural and Historical Contexts, Theory and History of Criticism of Literature
- Psychology: Learning, Language, Memory, Thinking, Sensation and Perception, Physiological/Behavioral Neurosciences, Social Life
GRE Exam Centers in India
Following are the GRE exam centers in India: New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Calcutta, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Allahabad and Trivandrum
Hope above information sample question papers may help you to apply and prepare for upcoming GRE examination. For further details regarding the GRE exam 2015 you can visit: www.ets.org/gre