What is GPAT?
Let us start our article by knowing the meaning of our title/heading “GPAT” GPAT is nothing but Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT). GPAT is an entrance exam which is being conducted at a national level through out India.The main aim of conducting this entrance exam is to facilitate admissions of Pharmacy Graduates to M.Pharm, Ph.D. Along with them, the entrance exam also proves to be helpful to fellowships/scholarship of the candidates who are pursuing M.Pharm. AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), New Delhi is responsible for conducting the GPAT entrance exam.
The registration dates for GPAT 2015 have already been closed down on 12th January 2015. The hall ticket shall be available to the aspiring candidates from 2nd February 2015 to 24th February 2015. The Computer based Tests shall be conducted on 23rd February 2015 & 24th February 2015.
The timings for GPAT 2015 entrance exam are from 9:30 a.m to 12:30 p.m. The GPAT 2015 results shall be declared on 27th March 2015. The score card shall be available till one month from 27th March 2015 to 27th April 2015.
GPAT 2015 Eligibility Criteria
- All those candidates who hold Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy as well as all those who are in Final Year of B.Pharmacy course are the only eligible candidates to apply for GPAT 2015.
- Candidates please note that, those candidates who are in 1st year to 3rd year B.Pharmacy are not eligible to appear for GPAT 2015.
Let us understand the GPAT 2015 Syllabus for the upcoming GPAT 2015 entrance exam.
GPAT 2015 Syllabus
The GPAT Syllabus includes subjects like;
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
GPAT 2015 Paper Pattern
- There are mainly four sections involved in the GPAT 2015 entrance exam namely Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy.
- Total 125 questions shall be asked.
- The GPAT 2015 is of 500 marks.
- The duration of GPAT 2015 entrance exam is 3 hours.
- Please note that, the GPAT 2015 shall be a computer based test.
- The qualifying marks for General & OBC Category candidates is 125 marks where as for SC/ST & PD candidates it is 100 marks.
- Correct answers shall be awarded with 4 marks per question, where as every wrong answer is liable for negative marking of 1 mark.
GPAT 2015 Test Centers
Given below are the test centers for GPAT entrance exam.
Importance of GPAT 2015?
- Few Colleges/Institutes specify GPAT as the mandatory qualification for admission to M.Pharm as well as Ph.D course
- The GPAT qualified candidates are eligible for Scholarship/Fellowship during M.Pharm
- Pharmaceutical companies are more likely to hire GPAT qualified candidates.
For more information on GPAT 2015 please write down to us at http://www.careersamosa.com