GATE 2017 Application Procedure
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an Engineering Entrance Examination, which is Jointly Conducted by The Indian Institute of Sciences (all 8 of them) and the Indian Institute of Technology(all 7 of them). This exam is conducted by these Institutes on behalf of the National Coordination Board, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
It is an Engineering Entrance Examination, which is conducted across India for admitting students to Public Institutes such as the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and the Indian Institute of Science (IISs). All admissions to these institutes are based upon the GATE Scores of the Candidate. GATE Scores of all the candidates would be valid for a period of 3 years from the date of the Announcement of the Results.
The Gate results are declared within a month of the conclusion of the exams, these results present the GATE Scores, the Cut Off Marks, All India Rank. Score Cards are presented only to Qualified Candidates. The duration of the examination is for 3 hours and 65 questions are asked, the total comprising of about 100 marks.
The GATE 2017 is conducted through online mode and the candidate can see the questions in a sequence on the computer screen. The candidates are also provided with an answer sheet so as to answer the questions, together with additional rough working paper for computation purposes. Candidates are provided with multiple choice answers to select from them. The GATE score is used for admissions to post-graduate engineering programmes (i.e. M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D) in Indian higher education institutes with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Govt agencies.
We have now reached a point where in it is necessary that we know the correct procedure to apply for GATE 2017. All the interested & eligible candidates can apply for GATE 2017. Given below is the procedure on How to apply for GATE 2017?
GATE 2017 Application Procedure
- Candidates must log on to the official website www.gate.iitr.ernet.in/
- One can locate the link for GATE 2017 on the official website.
- Candidates must fill up the application form with the required details completely. Exact size of photograph, signature & other related certificates must be uploaded.
- Recheck if the details filled in the application form are correct or not.
- Pay the application fees through net banking or debit card or e-challan. (Application fees for General/OBC-NCL Male Candidates/Other Candidates is Rs 1500/- , for SC / ST / PD category Candidates it is Rs 750/- & for women candidates it is Rs.750/- )
- After successful registration GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) enrollment ID will be sent to the candidates to their mail id. The candidates must remember the enrollment ID and GOAPS password for further references.
- There after candidates need to apply online for GATE 2017 using GOAPS enrollment ID and password.
- Submit the application form and save it for further use. Candidates must take a print out of the application form for future use.