GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an Engineering Entrance Examination, which is Jointly Conducted by The Indian Institute of Sciences (all 8 of them) and the Indian Institute of Technology(all 7 of them). This exam is conducted by these Institutes on behalf of the National Coordination Board, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
It is an Engineering Entrance Examination, which is conducted across India for admitting students to Public Institutes such as the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and the Indian Institute of Science (IISs). All admissions to these institutes are based upon the GATE Scores of the Candidate. GATE Scores of all the candidates would be valid for a period of 3 years from the date of the Announcement of the Results.
The Gate results are declared within a month of the conclusion of the exams, these results present the GATE Scores, the Cut Off Marks, All India Rank. Score Cards are presented only to Qualified Candidates. The duration of the examination is for 3 hours and 65 questions are asked, the total comprising of about 100 marks.
The GATE 2016 is conducted through online mode and the candidate can see the questions in a sequence on the computer screen. The candidates are also provided with an answer sheet so as to answer the questions, together with additional rough working paper for computation purposes. Candidates are provided with multiple choice answers to select from them. The GATE score is used for admissions to post-graduate engineering programmes (i.e. M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D) in Indian higher education institutes with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Govt agencies.
In our past two articles we had discussed in brief about GATE 2016 & the very recent GATE 2016 Important Dates where by we had included details such as application process date, last date for submission of application, availability of admit card, GATE 2016 examination date, declaration of results etc..
Now through this article we shall discuss about the GATE 2016 Eligibility Criteria. Candidates must take into account the eligibility criteria necessarily required to appear for GATE 2016. Given below is the GATE 2016 Eligibility Criteria, please take a look at the same :
GATE 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- For B.E./B.Tech//B.Pharma : Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology . Also candidates who are in the Final year of B.E/B.Tech can apply as well.
- For B.Arch : Bachelor’s degree in Architecture. Candidates who are in the Final year of B.E/B.Tech can apply as well.
- B.Sc (Research)/ B.S: Bachelor’s Degree in Science
- M.Sc/ M.A/MCA or equivalent: Master’s Degree in either Science/Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent.
- Integrated M.E/ M.Tech (Post-B.Sc): Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology after B.Sc
- Integrated M.E/ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2): Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology
- Integrated M.Sc/ Int. B.S.-M.S: Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.S.-M.S program
- If a candidate has passed one of the qualifying examinations as mentioned above in 2015 or earlier, the candidate has to submit the degree certificate/provisional certificate/course completion certificate/professional ceritificate/membership certificate issued by the society or institute.