GATE 2015 Paper Pattern:
The following given below is the GATE 2015 Paper Pattern:
(a)General Aptitude Section:
- Every Subject or Paper of the GATE Engineering Entrance Examinations will have at least 1 section which shall comprise of the General Aptitude test.
- The General Aptitude Section shall comprise of 10 Questions
- The General Aptitude Section shall carry a total of 15 marks.
- The Nature of the Questions which will be asked in the General Aptitude Test which be of the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs, having 4 alternatives, where 1 alternative will be Correct)
(b)Main Stream Engineering Section:
- The Main Stream Paper will depend upon the Choice of the Candidates/Aspirants, (since there are 22 papers or subjects which comprise the GATE 2015 Exams)
- The total no of Questions which will be asked in this Section will be 55
- Thus this Section will comprise of a total of 85 Marks.
- The Questions will be probably asked on the subject of Engineering (subject of the Candidates Choice) and Mathematics
- All the Question Papers or the Engineering Subjects with Codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF, AND XE will have an individual section devoted to Engineering Mathematics. Thus this will comprise of 15% of the total marks and the rest of the Questions will fetch 70% marks (for the subject specialization)
- All the Question papers with codes AR, CY, EY,CG, MA, PH and XL will be of such nature, where 85% of the marks will be dedicated to the specialization subject (depending on the choice of the Candidate) and the balance of 15 % will be dedicated to the General Aptitude test (already mentioned above)
(c)Multiple Choice Questions:
- Some of the Questions asked in this section will be of the Multiple Choice Questions or the MCQs.
- All these questions will carry 1 or 2 marks (depending on the questions)
- Also here all the Candidates/Aspirants will have to choose 1 right answer from the 4 alternatives.
(d)Numerical Answer Questions:
- The Question Paper shall also comprise of Practicals or Numerical Answer Questions
- These Numerical Answer Questions shall comprise of 1 or 2 marks.
- These Numerical Questions will not be having any Choices or alternatives like the MCQs.
- For Multiple choice Questions of 1 Mark – 1/3 marks will be deducted
- For Multiple choice Question of 2 Mark- 2/3 marks will be deducted.
- For Numerical Answer Questions- no marks will be deducted