Career in Fashion Designing
India has always been a center for textile and garment industry and is rising into a center of modernization in garment and accessory design, as Fashion industry came into existence. Fashion designing is one of the most essential branches of fashion industry. Fashion designing involves creating original designs after studying the changing trends of the market.
Fashion Designing is concern with creating innovative and inspiring garments that enhances personality, body and individual’s character. To be a fashion designer you should have passion for texture, line, color, fabric, shape and drape.
The profession of fashion designing is divided in to three main types:
- Garment Design
- Accessory and Jewellery Design
- Leather Design
This is a challenging field as it requires coordination of various jobs such as designing, merchandising, popularizing, and marketing of a variety of products and styles.
After you complete the course successfully, you can find employment with leather, jewellery and garment companies as fashion designer, fashion coordinator, merchandising executive etc,. Textile mills, export houses, leather companies, garment store chains, jewellery houses, boutiques and fashion show organizers also look for designers.
Educational Qualification: Today, many of the youngsters aspire of being a fashion designer. To opt of a course in fashion designing you should have passed 10+2 with minimum of 50% marks. There are various under graduate, post graduate, diploma and certificate courses available for fashion designing. Many well known institutes also have entrance exam to get into it.
As Fashioning Designing course is in demand, here are a few institutes’ offering courses for the same:
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology: Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology is one of the top institutes for fashion designing in India. It was started in 1999 by Manduda Education Trust. Website: www.voguefashioninstitute.com/
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT): Established in1986 under the aegis of the Ministry of Textile; it is one of the renowned institutes for fashion designing in India. Website: www.nift.ac.in/
- International Institute of Fashion Technology (IIFT): IIFT is a one of the leading fashion designing institute situated in New Delhi and started in 1990. Website: www.iiftindia.net/
- Pearl Academy: Founded in 1993, Pearl Academy is globally well-known institute providing training and education in the field of fashion designing. Website: pearlacademy.com/
- Inter National Institute for Fashion Design: INIFD is one of the world’s largest networks of design institute. It provides quality education for fashion design at affordable fees. Website: www.nifd.net/
Income/ Salary: Earning in fashion designing largely depends up on your creative skills, experimental abilities and imagination. A fresher can earn from Rs.10000 to Rs.15000 per month; if you are extremely talented you may earn around Rs. 20000 and even more. Professionals can ask for far great salary package.
Thus, if you are interested in this creative and want to have your on exclusive brand just go for Fashion designing as a career option.