The All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) is an entrance exam conducted in India for admission to MBBS & BDS courses in various Medical courses all over the country. The exam is being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) , Delhi. Admissions for BDS/MBBS is based on merit level (except for Jammu & Kashmir & Andhra Pradesh). As many as 500000 students appear every year for BDS/MBBS examinations.
CBSE, AIPMT has announced the AIPMT exam 2015 to be held in MAY 2015.
Eligibility criteria for AIPMT 2015
Candidates applying for AIPMT 2015 must fulfill all the eligibility criteria so as to appear for the exam.
- The first & foremost criteria is that, candidates appearing for AIPMT 2015 should be Indian National or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Candidates within the age group of 17 to 25 years as on 31/12/2015 can apply for AIPMT 2015. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Candidates from all over India except for Andhra Pradesh & Jammu & Kashmir are eligible to apply for All India Pre-Medical Test 2015. Students who have completed their High School education (10+2) are not eligible for 15% all India quota seats. On the other hand, candidates willing to claim eligibility are required to submit affidavit sworn in as well as attested by a Metropolitan Magistrate or First Class Judicial Magistrate. Such candidates are not eligible to seek admission for MBBS/BDS seats in Medical/Dental College in the States of Andhra Pradesh & J & K. Candidates from the States of Jammu & Kashmir & Andhra Pradesh are eligible to appear in AIPMT for admission to AFMC Pune.
- Candidates applying for AIPMT 2015 need to obtain minimum qualifying marks in their 10+2 examination. In case candidate is yet to appear for Class 12 exam. he/she is provisionally eligible to appear in the exam, provided the candidate obtains the minimum marks required for selection process.
- Candidates who have acquired Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or Indian School Certificate Examination including a study of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-Technology including the practical tests as well as Mathematics, English as prescribed by the National Council of Education Research and Training (NOTE: Candidates must note that if the course content is not prescribed as per 10+2 education structure of the National Committee then candidates will need to undergo a period of one year pre-professional training before one takes up admission in Medical College.
- If a candidate has passed B.Sc examination of an Indian University with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology also they must have passed the qualifying examination with the same subjects.
- Candidates must obtain minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry & Biology/Bio-Technology. In respect of SC/ST candidates or Other Backward Classes. For persons with locomotive disability are required to get minimum 45% marks.
- Candidates must note that Pre-Medical Course shall be conducted at Science College or Medical College. Marks obtained in Mathematics shall not be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses.
- 15% seats shall be reserved for SC candidates & 7.5% seats reserved for ST candidates. 27% seats are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates, 3% seats are reserved for Physically Handicapped Candidates.
Candidates please carefully note the eligibility criteria for all the candidates, on non-fulfillment of any one of them, they shall not be allowed to appear for the exam.