Dr. D.Y. Patil Institute AICET 2015:
It stands for Dr.D.Y.Patil Institute All India Common Entrance Test.
The D.Y. Patil Institute All India Common Entrance Test is an entrance examination, that is required to be taken by all 10+2 candidates , opting to pursue MBBS and BDS programs for the upcoming year 2015.
The D.Y.Patil Institute All India Common Entrance Test 2015, is held for the following programs mentioned below:
- MBBS & BDS
- M.CH. (Neuro Surgery)
- D.M. (Nephrology)
- B.Tech (Biotechnology)
- B.Tech (Medical Biotechnology)
- M.Tech Biotechnology (Integrated)
- M.Tech (Biotechnology)
- M.Sc (Bioinformatics)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
- Master of Physiotherapy (MPT)
- B.Sc (Nursing)
- P.B.BSc (Nursing)
- Bachelor of Clinical Optometry (B.Optom)
(a)Nationality and Age:
- The candidate, seeking to appear for the AICET 2015 shall be an Indian National
- The candidate should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st Dec 2015, i.e. he/she should be born before 1st Jan 1999.
(b)Minimum Eligibility Requirements: Qualifications for MBBS/BDS:
- The candidate, seeking admission to these programs, shall have passed the HSC Board examination/the Indian School Certificate (ISC) examination/ Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Examination or any other examination equivalent to 10+2 HSC examination of any other recognized Board/University from any school/College situated in India after 12 years of study.
- The candidate with other qualifications shall have to get equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian University (AIU), New Delhi.
- The candidate, seeking admission to these programmes, shall have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Engilish individually and must have obtained at least 50% marks (40% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category) in Physics Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying examination, i.e. 10+2/ HSC or an equivalent examination.
- A candidate who has appeard or is likely to appear for qualifying examination i.e. HSC etc. and whose results have not been declared at the time of AICET 2015 shall also be considered eligible to appear for the AICET 2015, provided he/she has offered the above mentioned subjects at the said qualifying examinations.
- The candidate seeking admission for the programs, shall also have secured at least 50% marks (100 out of 200 marks) at the AICET 2015
Eligibility for NRI/PIO/FN:
- A candidate in any of these categories shall have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2015 (i.e. having born before 1st January, 1999) He/ she must have Physics, Chemistry Biology and English at the CBSE, ISC, HSC or an equivalent examination.
- In case of a student from any school that follows the American System of education, the candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology at “AP” (Advanced Placement) level and must have minimum C grade in these subjects.
- In the case of students passing Cambridge International Examination (CIE) the candidate should have passed Physics, Chemistry and Biology at “Advanced Level” along with English at “Advanced Subsidiary” (AS) level.
Pattern of Paper:
- The test consists of one question paper of 200 marks.
- The question paper consists of 200 objective type multiple choice question (MCQs), 50 each on Physics, Chemisty, Botany and Zoology.
- The test duration is for 3 hours
Syllabus for AICET 2015:
- Introduction and measurement
- Description of motion in 1D
- Description of motion in 2 D & 3D
- Laws of motion
- Work, energy and power
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Current electricity
- Thermal and chemical effects of currents
- Magnetic effects of currents
- Electromagnetic induction & alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves (Qualitative Treatment)
- Ray optics and optical instruments
- Electron and protons
- Atoms, molecules and nuclei
- Solids and semi conductor devices
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Chemical energetic
- Chemical bonding
- Equilibrium in physical and chemical processes
- Ionic equilibrium
- Redox reactions
- Solid state chemistry
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- s-block elements
- p- block elements
- general principles and processes of isolation of elements
- the d and f Block elements
- co-ordination compounds
- some basic principles of organic chemistry
- purification and characterization of carbon compounds
- organic compounds with functional groups containing halogens
- organic compounds with funtioial groups containing oxygen
- organic compounds with functional group containing nitrogen
- environmental chemistry
- Chemistry in everday life
- Diversity in living world
- The unit of life, structure and function
- Genetics and evolution
- Structure and function in plants
- Structure and function in animals
- Reproduction and development in humans
- Ecology and environment
- Biology and human welfare
- Biotechnology and its applications
Date the examination:
The examination is usually conducted in the last week of May every year.
Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata, Lucknow, New Delhi, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune.
(a) Application Form:
Application Form can be availed either from the University Office or by downloading from the website www.dpu.edu.in.
(b) Submission of the Application Form:
The Application Form should be submitted together with a demand draft of 2600/- or 2850/- as the case may be, drawn on any nationalized bank, payable at Pune.
Candidates can submit the application form personally or by mail through Registered Post/ Speed Post/Courier to the address mentioned below:
Dr. D.Y.Patil Vidyapeeth,
Sant Tukaram Nagar,
Pimpri, Pune 411018
Also write in to us about any suggestions, queries or feedback, we would like to hear it from you.