The Special Class Railway Apprentices scheme was started in 1927 and is one of the oldest in India.The aim was to meet the demand for engineers on the EIR(East Indian Railway) and on the GIP(Great Indian Peninsular) Railway.
The UPSC (Union public Service Commission) selects the SCRA on the basis of an all India competitive examination, which is held every year. After the selection the candidates go through a rigorous training and achieve there graduation in Mechanical Engineering at Indian Railway Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Jamalpur.
The examination comprises written test in
- English Language
- General Knowledge
- Psychological Test (Mental Ability)
The selected candidates are called for an interview, which is followed by a medical examination. The standard of syllabus is that of Class XII (CBSE equivalent).
As mentioned previously in our past articles on SCRA 2015 Syllabus, SCRA 2015 examination pattern and SCRA 2015 eligibility criteria we have come to know about the Syllabus, examination pattern and eligibility criteria for SCRA 2015(Special Class Railway Apprentices Exam).
The online registration for SCRA 2015 was closed down on 07th of November 2014. Candidates who are willing to appear and eligible for this examinations should tie up their shoes as the examinations will began from 18th of January 2015 at different centers of India.
To download the SCRA admit card Click here
- After you click, you will reach to the e-admit card download home page.
- There you will find Click here to download in the table given on that page.
- Click on that and you will reach to the page of Important instructions
- Read the instructions carefully and take a print if required and than click on yes to proceed.
- After you clicked and proceeded you will see options to download the e-admit card by you registration ID, by your Roll number or by your name.
- Select the appropriate one and proceed. Click on download and e-admit card will be downloaded on your computer.
For more details on SCRA 2015 examinations you can click here.
For more updates keep visiting our website www.careersamosa.com.