Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information & Communication Technology:
The Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information & Communication Technology, is situated in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It was founded by late Shri Dhirubhai Ambani in the year 2001, and after his demise, its being looked over by his younger son Anil Dhirubhai Ambani.
Late Shri Dhirubhai Ambani had taken the initiative to establish this education institute, because he was inspired by his vision of Building and Creating Intellectual Competitiveness in India. Shri Dhirubhai always believed that India had all the potential to become an Economic Super Power, such as the USA, UK , FRANCE, provided it was channelled in the right direction.
At the time of its inception, the institute had an intake capacity of just 240 seats for B.Tech in Information & Communication Technology (ICT). But over the period of years its not only the intake capacity that has grown in size, but also the courses that are now being offered.
Although, the name is not suffixed with “University”, but the institute has been conferred with the “University Status” under the Gujarat State Legislature Act No 6, 2003 as well as the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act 1956.
Educational Programs offered by the Institute:
The Institute offers several programs at all the stages of Academics, such as:
- Undergraduate Program
- Post Graduate Program
- Doctoral Program
- International Students Cell
- Dean (Academic Program)
- Continuing Education Program
Precise Programs & Courses offered by the institute:
The above mentioned Academic Programs are offered in these Academic Levels of Information Technology and Communication:
- B.Tech (ICT) Bachelor of Technology in Information & Communication Technology:
- M.Tech (ICT) Master of Technology in Information & Communication Technology.
- MSc (IT) Master in Science in Information Technology
- MSc (ICT-ARD) Master of Science in Information & Communication Technology in for Agriculture & Rural Development.
- M Des – Masters in Design (Multimedia Design)
Facilities provided by the institute:
- Laboratory Building
- Faculty & Administrative Block
- Resource centre
- Sports & Cultural Complex
- Halls of Residence
- Medical Facility
Besides the above mentioned facilities, there are other utility services such as ATM, canteen & Cafeteria, food courts, medical & Pharmacy, telephone kiosk, Xerox facility that are provided for the convenience of its students.
About B.Tech (ICT):
The institute offers 2 programs in B.Tech (ICT) namely;
- B.Tech (ICT)
- B.Tech (Hons) with minor in computational Science.
Duration of the B.Tech Programs:
Both the programs mentioned above have a duration of 4 years.
No of Seats for the B.Tech programs:
B.Tech (ICT) 240 Seats
B.Tech (Hons) with Minor in Computational Science 60 Seats
Gujarat Category: 50% of seats are reserved for candidates who have passed the Qualifying Examination from the schools located in the State of Gujarat. These seats are to be filled filled through the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC), Gujarat.
All India Category: The remaining fifty per cent will be filled in directly by DA-IICT.
- All India Category candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will be admitted on relaxed criteria as compared to the general category candidates. In case some of the reserved seats are not filled in, the unfilled seats will be transferred to the general category. For Gujarat Category, ACPC will follow its own policy in this regard.
- In addition to the 300 seats, 30 seats will be offered to Non-Resident Indians/Foreign Nationals through DAFS.
- The DA-IICT reserves the right to change the eligibility, number of seats, admission policy and procedures etc., without any prior Notice.
Admissions to the Institute:
All admissions to the institute are done only through the Joint Entrance Examinations (JEE) , which are conducted all over India, Annually.
You could visit our website www.careersamosa.com for further information on JEE 2015 or you could also visit these links mentioned below:
Eligibility Criteria for Granting Admissions:
- The minimum academic qualification for admission to the programs is that the candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination (mentioned below). The candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and any one of Chemistry/Bio-technology/Computer Science/Biology. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in 2014 are also eligible to apply for consideration of provisional admission. All candidates who are offered provisional admission will be required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 examination or equivalent) to the Institute latest by 30 October 2014, failing which such provisional admission will stand cancelled.
- If a candidate is found ineligible at a later date, even after admission to DA-IICT, his/her admission will be cancelled. All admissions will be subject to verification of facts from the original testimonials/certificates/documents of the candidates. The decision of the concerned authorities of DA-IICT regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
A list of qualifying examinations is given below:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Date of Birth:
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01 October 1994 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the 10th or 12th standard certificate, as issued by the Board/University only, will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counseling.
The following article was only for Undergraduate Programs in Communication & Information Technology, Please visit http://www.daiict.ac.in/daiict/index.html for information on other educational programs and courses offered by the institute.
Also visit our website www.careersamosa.com for information of all Upcoming 2015 Engineering entrance Examinations being conducted in India.