The University of Delhi is a public central University located in Delhi, India. It is the premier University of the country and is known for its high standards in teaching and research, as well as the eminent scholars it attracts to its faculty.
It was established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential university by an Act of the then Central Legislative Assembly. The President of India is the Visitor, the Vice President is the Chancellor and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India is the Pro-Chancellor of the University. Ever since its inception, a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and research has made the University of Delhi a role-model and path-setter for other Universities in the country. Its rich academic tradition has always attracted the most talented students who later on go on to make important contributions to their society.
The University of Delhi offers courses in a wide variety of subjects and concentrations.The depth and breadth of the syllabus are very vast, extending well beyond course offerings to many other special programmes and research opportunities.The Honours programmes offered by the varsity for a wide spectrum of subjects are highly sought after by students from all over the country.
Delhi University has 16 faculties:
- Faculty of Arts: It has 14 departments including Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Sanskrit, Punjabi, Hindi, English, Germanic and Romance Studies, Linguistics, Buddhist Studies,Philosophy, Library and Information Science, etc.
- Faculty of Technology: The faculty has 1 constituent college as of January 2015 – Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology. It offers courses of Bachelor of Engineering and is regarded as one of premier engineering colleges in India. The faculty earlier included the Delhi College of Engineering, before it was converted into the Delhi Technological University.
- Faculty of Law: It offers LL.B and LL.M.
- Faculty of Science: It has 10 departments, namely, anthropology, botany, chemistry, environmental studies, geology, home science, nursing, pharmacy, zoology, physics & astrophysics.
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities
- Faculty of Commerce and Business Studies
- Faculty of Interdisciplinary and Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Management Studies
- Faculty of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Music and Fine Arts
- Faculty of Open Learning
- Faculty of Ayurvedic & Unani Medicine
- Faculty of Faculty of Homeopathic Medicine
Delhi University M.com I sem results 2015
Delhi university has declared M.com (S.O.L) I sem examination results. The examination of M.com Ist Sem was held in November – December 2014.
To check your result of M.com Ist sem you can Click Here.
For more details on Delhi University examinations and results keep reading us on www.careersamosa.com. We wish you all the best!!