Courses Offered by Vellore Institute of Technology:
The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is situated at Vellore, State of Chennai, India. The Vellore Institute of Technology was established in the year 1984. At the time of its establishment it was known as “Vellore Engineering College”
But its only later on in the year 2001, that it was granted the Status of “University” under the “University Grants Commission Act” (UGC Act 1956).
The Vellore Institute of Technology has 2 Campuses which are located both at Vellore & Chennai; the Institute conducts several engineering courses & programs at both the Campuses.
The following mentioned below, is the list of Courses Offered by the Vellore Institute of Technology, which has its campuses at both Vellore & Chennai:
(a)B.Tech Programs & Courses offered at Vellore Campus:
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering (specialization in Bioinformatics)
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (specialization in Automotive Engg)
- Mechanical Engineering (specialization in Chemical Process Engg)
- Mechanical Engineering (specialization in Energy Engg)
- Production & Industrial Engg
(b)B.Tech Programs & Courses offered at Chennai Campuses:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engg
- Electronics & Communication Engg
- Electrical & Electronics Engg
- Mechanical Engg
VITEEE 2015 Eligibility Criteria:
- The following given below is the VITEEE 2015 Eligibility Criteria, all the candidates intending to appear for the Upcoming VITEEE 2015 shall be required to abide by the Stipulations.
- The Candidate can either be a Resident / Non Resident; even Non Residential Candidates living outside India qualify for the VITEEE 2015 Eligibility Criteria.
(b)Age Limit Criteria:
- All the Candidates intending to appear for the Upcoming VITEEE 2015 should not be above the age of 22 years of age.
(c)Qualifying Examination Criteria:
- All the candidates should have passed out and cleared their 10+2 HSC Board Examination or any other equivalent examination.
- The above mentioned 10+2 examination should have been recognized by an Educational Board in India for the purpose of determining the VITEEE 2015 Eligibility Criteria.
- The 10+2 HSC Board examination should have been passed out with subjects namely: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology.
- Candidates should clear the examination with at least 60% aggregate marks in the above mentioned subjects.
- All candidates who are hailing from the State of Kashmir as well as North East India are required to pass the examination with at least 50% aggregate marks.
How to Apply for the VITEEE 2015:
Candidates can apply for the VITEEE 2015 through 2 Modes, Online & Offline:
- For the Online Mode, the Candidates will have to log on to the Official website of the VITEEE 2015 to register himself.
- After registering himself, the system will generate a User Id and password, which the Candidate is required to use, when logging the Official Website.
- The candidate can then fill the Application form online and make the payment of the Application Fees through the Credit Card / Debit Card or Net Banking System
- Candidates can also make the payment through the Offline Mode, for this purpose the payment for the application fees shall be made by the Demand Draft.
- The Demand Draft shall be payable at “Vellore Branch” and shall be made in favour of the “Vellore Institute of Technology”
- The candidate will have to make a Demand Draft of 975/- for the application fees payable for the VITEEE 2015 Exams.