One must be wondering on to why one miss out many job opportunities all together. Or may be many candidates are also confused so as to how are the companies selecting their clients & which strategy is adopted by them for it. Candidates need to take care of few points which can prove to be useful for preparation purpose.
How do Companies shortlist you through AMCAT scores?
- Every candidate is assessed on many parameters all together in order to select him/her for the company. More often companies are in a search for one or more skills for a given job profile.
- If a candidate’s AMCAT score matches the criteria for a company, the chances of the candidate getting selected for the job interview increases instantly.
- It so happens that companies are also used to figure out other demographic factors such as geographical location. Thus it means that candidates must keep their job profiles updated which in turn is an invitation for as many opportunities as possible.
- There are various small companies spread across India who hire freshers. These companies recognize AMCAT entrance test, hence it is really important that candidates appear for AMCAT entrance test & it shall be beneficial to them in the long run.
- Candidates must make an attempt to check out their profile on http://www.myamcat.com simply to ensure that it is up-to-date. In case it is not, please do the necessary editing.
- Candidates must pay special attention to the personal details such as;
-Contact Details like Personal Mobile Number/e-mail ID
-Degree Details/Percentage Marks
-Profile Hidden or visible & preferred job location
- Along with that, companies also follow section wise cut off.
- Example: An IT Company may decide on to its percentage criteria for English as greater than 500, for Logical Reasoning it must be greater than 560 but when it comes to Computer Programming it must surpass the score of 590.
- The ITES Compnay (like BPO/KPO) need a score of 520 in English, in Logical Reasoning it is 560 & for the Basic Computer Fundamentals it must be more than 570.
- The Small & Medium sized Enterprises (SME’s) lay equal emphasis on English with a legible score of 540 & a score of 570 in Logical Reasoning & equal marks needed in Computer Programming i.e. 570.
- Candidates must not miss out on to the compulsory modules which are English, Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability and Personality. Companies seek scores obtained in the compulsory modules while short listing the candidates.
It may so happen that a particular company shortlists its candidates using high Logical Reasoning Ability cut off & on the other hand few other companies use a lower cut off for the same.
For more information & updates please log on to http://www.careersamosa.com 🙂