Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is an entrance examination for admission to Master of Design (M.Des.) and PhD programmes in Design at some of the well known institutes like IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur. CEED is held by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay). The purpose of this test is to evaluate aptitude for design, involving visual observation ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, and communication skills.
(a) Master of Design Programmes
- IISc Bangalore: M.Des. in Product Design and Engineering
- IIT Bombay: M.Des. in (i) Industrial Design, (ii) Visual Communication, (iii) Animation, (iv) Interaction Design
- IIT Delhi: M.Des. in Industrial Design
- IIT Guwahati : M.Des.
- IIT Hyderabad : M.Des in Visual Design
- IIT Kanpur: M.Des. in Industrial Design
(b) Ph.D Programmes in Design
- IISc Bangalore
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Kanpur
The applicants should have the following qualification as on July, 2015 for CEED test 2015:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Architecture / Design/ Interior Design, or equivalent (4 years programme after 10+2)
- Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT or equivalent of 4 years programme after 10+2)
- F.A. (4 year professional programme, after 10+2)
- D. Art (5 year programme after 10th) with one year post qualification professional experience
- Master’s degree in Arts/ Science/ Computer Applications (2 year programme after 10+2+3)
CEED 2015 Application Process
Applicants can apply online for CEED test by filling up the online application form available at the website.
CEED 2015 Application Fee
The application fee for the CEED 2015 examination is as below:
- 2,000/– for male (GN and OBC) candidates
- 1,000/– for male (SC/ST/PwD) candidates
- 1,000/– for all female candidates
Mode of Payment
The application fee has to be paid through “State Bank of India Collect Facility”. By going through the details below:
- Access onlinesbi.com/
- Click on State Bank Collect
- Click Checkbox to accept ‘Terms & conditions’
- Then click on ‘Proceed’
- Select State as ‘Maharashtra’
- Select Type of Category as ‘Educational Institutions’
- Click on ‘Go’
- Select the Name of the institution as “CEED, IIT Bombay Application Fee”
- Select the payment category as per the table given below
Note: Bank may have additional service charges for the above transaction.
CEED 2015 Examination Centres:
Following are the examination centres for CEED 2015: Bengaluru, Bhopal, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kanpur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram.
Note: Choice of examination centres in a particular city/town will be allowed before the generation of the admit cards. CEED committee will not allow adding / dropping any examination city / town.
For more details regarding the programmes and eligibility criteria you can visit the respective websites:
- IISc Bangalore: iisc.ernet.in/
- IIT Bombay: iitb.ac.in/
- IIT Delhi: iitd.ac.in/
- IIT Guwahati: iitg.ac.in/
- IIT Hyderabad: iith.ac.in/
- IIT Kanpur: iitk.ac.in/
For further information applicants can visit the website: www.gate.iitb.ac.in/ceed2015/