Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level Law Entrance Examination carried out by the Human Resource Development Ministry and facilitated by the UGC as an outcome to a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) pending before the Supreme Court of India. According to Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), CLAT would be held on rotation as per the principle of seniority by 14 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programs (LL.B & LL.M).
Following are the 16 National Law Universities (NLUs):
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam, Guwahati (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- The TamilNadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
For Under Graduate Program (LL.B)
- Applicants must have passed Higher Secondary School/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognized board with minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST applicants)
- The upper as limit for is 20 years as on 1st July 2015 (22 years in case of SC/ST and Persons with Disability (PWD) applicants)
Note: Applicants who are appearing for Intermediate/ HSC exam in March/April, 2016 or have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear in the test.
For Post Graduate Program (LL.M)
- Applicants must have passed LL.B/five-year integrated LL.B degree/any other equivalent degree from a recognized university with minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (50% marks in case of SC and ST category applicants).
Note: Applicants who have appeared or are appearing in the qualifying degree examination by March/April, 2016 are also eligible to appear in the test.
CLAT 2016 Exam Centers
- Greater Noida