CLAT 2016 Important Dates
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level Law Entrance Examination carried out by the Human Resource Development Ministry and facilitated by the UGC as an outcome to a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) pending before the Supreme Court of India. According to Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), CLAT would be held on rotation as per the principle of seniority by 14 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programs (LL.B & LL.M).
In our previous article CLAT 2016 we had successfully discussed about the National Law Universities (NLUs) spread across India, as well as Eligibility Criteria for Under Graduates and Post Graduates, CLAT 2016 Exam Centers. Now let us move forward in our discussion and carry it further to discuss about the CLAT 2016 Important Dates.
CLAT 2016 Important Dates
- Commencement of Submission of Online Application Form : 1st January 2016
- Last Date for Submission of Dully Filled in Online Application Form : 31st March 2016 (11.59 PM)
- Date of CLAT-2016 Online Exam : 8th May 2016 (03.00 PM to 05.00 PM)
Having discussed about the CLAT 2016 Important Dates let us carry out our discussion further on CLAT 2016 Application Procedure.
How to apply for CLAT 2016?
- The candidates need to apply online through the official website on the prescribed date.
- The application form will be available from 01st week of January 2016, candidates can check our website for regular updates on CLAT 2016.
- The candidates must have to remit the application fee (Rs.4000/- for general candidates and Rs.3500/- for reserve category) by online. The online payment can be made through the CLAT website with net banking, debit card or credit card
- The candidates will have to bear the bank transaction costs for remitting the fee online while submitting the application form.
- The above application fee includes cost of online application form and e-brochure.
- The online payment can be made through net-banking, debit card, credit card etc. wherein the candidate will have to bear the additional bank transaction charges for remitting the fees through payment gateways.
- For paying the fees offline through website, the candidate will have to download the ‘Bank Challan‘ that will be generated with the required information, as filled in by the candidate, and make the payment with additional bank charges at any branch of the designated bank.
- After making the requisite payment at the bank, the candidate needs to fill-in the details of the Bank Challan as required at the relevant section of application form on the website.
- The scanned copies of the documents to be uploaded includes Birth Certificate, Standard 10th Marksheet, Qualifying Exam Marksheet/Certificate such as 10+2 or its equivalent examination certificate , Qualifying Exam Marksheet/Certificate such as LLB or its equivalent exam certificate, Front Facing Passport size photograph , Photograph of Signature of candidate etc..
For more information:
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University
Sec- D1, LDA Colony,
Kanpur Road Scheme, Lucknow-226012
Uttar Pradesh, India,
Phone: +91-522-24-25902/903, Fax: +91-522-2422841