Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) is an entrance examination for admission to Master of Design (M.Des.) and Ph.D programmes in Design at some of the well known institutes like IISC Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur. The CEED entrance exam is held by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay). The purpose of this test is to evaluate aptitude skills for design, involving visual observation ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, and communication skills among the prospective candidates.
In our last article we had discussed about the CEED 2015 Syllabus where by we had discussed on the topics included in preparation of CEED 2015 entrance exam. Now we shall move on to discuss about the CEED 2015 Exam Pattern. Through CEED 2015 Exam Pattern candidates can come to know about the exam pattern followed for the entrance exam. Candidates can come to know about the no. of questions, duration of exam, marks allotted for questions etc..& prepare accordingly for the examination.
Let us discuss about the CEED 2015 Exam Pattern for candidates to follow the same. Given below is the CEED 2015 Exam Pattern in detail.
CEED 2015 Exam Pattern
To start with, candidates must be aware that the CEED 2015 entrance exam question paper shall comprise of two parts A & B.
Part A :
- Part A shall be a computer based test.
- Part A shall consist of objective based multiple choice questions.
- Total no. of questions to be asked shall be 50 based on topics such as General Awareness, Mathematical & Pictorial aptitude, Basic design ability, observation & visualization.
Part B :
- All those candidates who were shortlisted during Part a will get a chance to appear for Part B.
- This being a manual exam, candidates are being assessed on the basis of their designs & hand drawing capabilities.
- Candidates please remember that the CEED 2015 Merit list shall be prepared on the basis of scores in CEED 2015 Part B.