CAT Sample Papers:
The following article given below has been written exclusively for the “CAT Sample Papers”, this article on the “CAT Sample Papers” also includes the CAT 2015 Syllabus and the CAT 2015 Paper Pattern for the Upcoming 2015 entrance examinations:
CAT Sample Papers:
The following given below are the CAT Sample Papers, all the candidates are requested to first download the question papers, these questions papers are given in the PDF mode.
The candidates are requested to solve these CAT Sample papers to get an idea of the nature and the kind of questions which are asked in the examination.
CAT 2015 Paper Pattern:
(a)No of Sections asked in the Examination:
The CAT 2015 examination question paper shall comprise of 2 Sections, namely: (i) Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation & (ii) Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.
(b)No of Questions asked in each section of the CAT Examination:
- Each section mentioned above shall comprise of 50 questions in total.
(c)Nature of the questions, which are asked in the CAT 2015 examination:
- All questions which are asked in the Examination shall consist of the Nature of Multiple Choice Questions.
(e)Mode of the CAT entrance Examination:
- All candidates are required to note that from the year 2009, the CAT examinations are conducted through the Online Mode (Computer Based Test)
(f)Duration of the CAT 2015 Examination:
- The CAT 2015 entrance examinations shall consist of 170 Minutes (i.e. 2 Hrs & 50 Minutes)
(g)Marks awarded for every Correct Answer:
- Every Correct Answer shall fetch the Candidate 3 Marks
(h)Negative Marking in the Examinations:
- All candidates are required to note that for every wrong answer (-1 Mark) shall be deducted
CAT 2015 Syllabus:
Number Systems; LCM & HCF; Percentages; Profit, Loss & Discount; Interest (Simple & Compound); Speed, Time & Distance; Time & Work; Averages; Ration & Proportion; Linear Equations; Quadratic Equations; Complex Numbers; Logarithms; Progressions (sequences & series); binomial theorem; Surds & Indices; Inequalities; Permutations & Combinatins; Probability; functions; Set Theory; Mixtures & Alligations; Geometry; Co-ordinate Geometry; Trigonometry; Mensuration
Tables; Column Graphs; Bar Graphs; Line Charts; Pie Charts; Venn Diagrams; Caselets.
Number & letter Series; Calendars; Clocks; Cubes; Venn Diagrams; Caselets
Vocabulary Based (synonyms & antonyms); English Usage or Grammar; sentence Correction; Fill in the Blanks; Closed Passage; analogies or Reverse analogies; Jumbled Paragraph: Meaning, Usage Match; Summary Questions; verbal Reasoning; Facts / Inferences / Judgements; Reading Comprehension