Few people have a keen interest in helping people, improve their physical health, which can turn to be a perfect career for themselves. All those people having a thing for human anatomy, physiology with an added advantage of patience & sensitivity are considered on a road to become a successful physiotherapist.
Basically,Physiotherapy aims at focusing on the particular body part that is injured. Physiotherapists work with patients to improve their range of movement & in turn promote finest of health & well being.
The core work of a physiotherapist consists of;
-helping patients with spine & joint problems, more often after an operation
-helping patients recovering from accidents, sports injuries & strokes
-working with children sustaining mental or physical disabilities
-helping older people with physical problems & increasing their mobility
Treatments used by Physiotherapists:
- Physical Manipulation
- Therapeutic Exercise
Eligibility Criteria for Physiotherapy Courses:
To procure admission in Bachelor’s Degree Program of Physiotherapy, candidates must have passed Class XII with Biology subject. The Bachelor’s Degree Program prevails for four & a half year including internship period.
Regarding the Master’s Degree Program, candidates must have completed Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy.
Skills required for Physiotherapy:
A person having done with the physiotherapy course is expected to have imbibed the following skills to carry on the profession smoothly.
- Identifying the physical problem
- Developing & Reviewing Treatment Programs
- Supporting patients with joint & spinal problems
- Supervision & Education of Junior Physiotherapists
- Reporting Patient’s case reports & notes
- Advising patients on how to avoid such situations & improve their condition
Scope of Physiotherapy:
Keeping in mind, the pattern of lifestyle followed by people now a days , Physiotherapists have become a vital part of our lives. Few of the common ailments suffered by the people are stiffness, shoulder aches, backaches, arthritis for which they are in need of a physiotherapist & the treatment provided by him/her.
Physiotherapists have got a scope in areas such as Nursing Homes, Residential Homes, Hospitals, Private Clinics, Fitness Centers, Health clubs, Rehabilitation centers etc.
Institutes offering Physiotherapy Courses:
- Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped, New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Bihar
- Manav Rachna International University, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Haryana
- School of Physiotherapy, S S G Hospital, Gujarat
- Amar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy, New Delhi
- National Institute of Physiotherapy & Communication Disorders, Bihar
Pay scale for Physiotherapists:
Varied salary is offered to physiotherapists depending from where they completed their Degree also differs from one organization to the other. Initially they are offered somewhere from Rs.8000/- to Rs.10000/- per month. Gradually with enough experience & skill formation, the pay increases .
Aspiring candidates please take a cue who are eagerly looking forward for the course as it holds greater scope in today’s world. One can easily get well-paid jobs through the same. Please post your valuable comments for this invaluable course.