Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is one of the most popular competitive exam among MBA applicants, as it throws open for them access to a large number of excellent B-Schools in India. The MAT exam is conducted by AIMA (All India Management Association). MAT exam is now, also a “Computer Based Test” along with the traditional written exam. MAT score is necessary for admission in Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) , Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology & Management (PGDITM) & other such equivalent programmes offered by AIMA. The Syllabus of MAT comprises of:
- English Usage
- Mathematical Ability
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
- Indian & global Environment
- Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
In all, 200 questions are being asked within a time span of 150 minutes. Each sections contains equal weightage i.e. 40 marks. 1 mark for each question. Scores are considered for all sections except General Awareness(Indian & Global Environment). The decision to consider the scores of General Awareness is left with the institutes. Thus in order to get oneself enrolled in one of the best B-Schools in India, MAT score does matter. Here we help you out to score better by providing a series of best books for preparation of MAT
- English Language Comprehension skills– Sachchida Nand Jha The book involves introduction to comprehension skills, fill in the blanks, synonyms, antonyms, analogy, spotting errors, sentence improvement, ordering of sentences.
- Mathematics for MBA entrance- Dr.R.S. Aggarawal The book is a combination of Algebra such as factorization, linear equations, quadratic equations & set theory.It also includes arithmetic , progression,probability,trigonometry, heights & distances, geometry with polygon, circles , triangles etc.
- An Advanced approach to Data Interpretation– Dr. R.S. Aggarawal The book involves presentation of data in tabular form, charts, accuracy of the data etc.
- Environmental Issues in India– Mahesh Rangarajan The book covers a take on independent India, environmental movements & India:in relation to global environmental concerns.
- MBA entrance Examination- E.S. Ramasamy Candidates are requested to go through previous year’s question papers & model test papers for Intelligence & Critical Reasoning. One can pay a visit on the website : http://www.books.google.co.in for detailed study.
The above mentioned books are very helpful in scoring high marks in the MAT exam & there by, it helps one in securing admission in one the best B-schools in India. Hope the same comes handy to you. Please feel free to share your views or any doubt regarding the same in the comment section. All The Best!!