The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India’s fundamental agency which has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India & certified to conduct various Civil Services examination at the national level.
It conducts examination such as;
- Engineering Services examination.
- Civil Services examination.
- National Defense Academy examination.
- Combined Defense Services examination.
- Combined Medical Services examination.
- Naval Academy examination.
- Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service examination.
- Special Class Railway Apprentice.
- Central Armed Police Forces(Assistant Commandment) examination.
Preparing for UPSC examination is not an easy task. It is engaged with a large syllabus which always keeps the students busy towards studies. UPSC 2015 syllabus contains:
- General Knowledge
- Elementary Mathematics
UPSC CDS 2015 Paper Pattern
The following given below is the UPSC CDS 2015 Paper Pattern:
- The UPSC CDS 2015 Entrance Examination is a pen-paper based written exam.
- The entrance exam comprises of 3 Sections, namely: English, Elementary Mathematics & General Knowledge. Apart from them there is an Intelligence & Personality test which tests both Verbal & Non-verbal skills of the candidates.
- All the Questions asked in the Paper will be in the Nature of the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Each paper will be of 100 Marks.
- The Duration of the Paper will be for 2 Hrs (120 minutes)
- For the Officers Training Academy, all the Candidates will have to appear for a 2 hour paper on the subject of General Awareness and English.
- The total marks for this Entrance Examination will be 200 Marks.
We are here to make it simple for you by suggesting some of the Best books for preparation of CDS Exam
Books for English
Objective English for Competitive Examinations is a comprehensive book for candidates preparing for various competitive examinations. The book comprises grammar, comprehension and vocabulary questions that frequently appear in many of these exams. In addition, the book consists of model test papers for thorough revision and final practice. This book is essential for candidates preparing for various banking, defense, insurance, and other entrance examinations.
It is an excellent book for preparing English for various competitive exams, including CDSE, AFCAT, Civil Services and almost all exams. This book contains ample amount of questions, and most importantly all types of questions, hence you get quality, quantity as well as variety.
Books for General Knowledge
For General Knowledge : It is series of two books
This book includes all the relevant information that competitive examinations usually cover. For instance, the book provides information on history, economy, politics, geography, technology, and ecology. The wide range of topics that the book covers, ensures that the students are well-prepared for questions on topics that might appear in the exam.
This particular book is often recommended for students preparing for the different competitive exams. General Knowledge is a very integral part of a lot of entrance exams being conducted at the Graduate and Under-Graduate level. The book has been divided into 8 sections containing “Multiple Choice Questions” for Revision purpose followed by “Exam-Oriented Statement based MCQs” for final practice.
Books for Mathematics
A book that covers the current syllabus for mathematics as drawn up for the combined defense service examination.Covers a number of topics under sections like arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry, and statistics.Short cut methods discussed in the book will surely help to complete the sums quickly saving your time.
The book is divided into eight categories, Biology, Mathematics, English, General Studies, Chemistry, Indian Polity, History and General Knowledge. It is a great-study guide for CDS examinations. Several solved questions which which can help in better understandings.
Apart from the books suggested above please have a look at these few study packages for UPSC CDS exams 2015.
The English category covers areas such as the ten areas for building vocabulary i.e words, spelling words, propositions, idioms, articles, antonyms, one word substitutions, synonyms, words denoting specific phobias and manias etc. There will also be a thorough review covering parts of speech, narration, voice etc.General Knowledge section to be thoroughly examined in several areas including, Politics, Geography, History, Economics and Language to name a few.
It is very useful book to know the types of question that can be asked in the CDS examinations. Solved Papers for 2013 (September), 2013 (February), 2012 (February), 2012 (September), 2011 (February), 2011 (September), 2010 (February), 2010 (September), 2009 (February), 2009 (September), 2008 (February), 2008 (September), 2007 (February), and 2007 (September).