How to become an Investment Banker in India:
Investment banking is a completely different kind of activity and should not be associated with routine or normal banking activities, just because it suffixes with the term banking. Investment banking activities stand on a completely different footing, all together.
- Investment banks are actually financial institution (both public and private) which provide and offer investment banking activities. The following mentioned below are the list of investment banking activities that are undertaken by Investment banking Institutions.
- Investment banks are often relative to the Share markets and Capital Markets, who provide advisory and intermediary services to those Corporations seeking to gain access to public money by the issue of shares, debentures, bonds Etc
- They also act as underwriters at the time of sever public offerings so as to enable people to subscribe for their securities that they issue.
- Investment banks also provide and render advisory services in the cases of merger and amalgamation of the 2 corporate entities.
- Other kinds of investment banking activities would include research and analysis in financial instruments and financial securities, portfolio administration and management, proprietary trading activities, investment management, trading securities, selling & underwriting services for individuals, corporate and Government etc.
How to become an Investment Banker in India?
There are several Investment banking programs and courses which are being conducted by several colleges and educations institutions. The following mentioned below are some of the Investment banking courses and programs, which are offered in India.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Finance & Investment Banking
- Diploma Programs in Investment Banking & Equity Research
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Investment Banking
- Post Graduate Diploma Programs in Banking & Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Investment & Business Research
- Post Graduate Diploma in Global Investment
- Post Graduate Program in Security Analysis, Portfolio Mgmt & Investment Banking
- Under Graduate Program in Security Analysis, Portfolio Mgmt & Investment Banking
List of Colleges & Institutes offering Investment Banking Programs:
The following given below is the list of Colleges & Institutes offering Investment Banking Programs:
- Chennai Business School, Chennai
- Mount Carmel Business School, New Delhi
- Institute of Chartered Financial Analysis of India University (ICFAI)
- Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF)
- IPM, New Delhi
- S.P Jain Institute of Mgmt & Research, Mumbai
- School of Investment Banking (SIB)
- Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Gujarat
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar