Commercial Pilot is one of the hottest careers option youngsters are opting for these days. The salary & other perks are followed there after. Salary for a Fresher’s pilot is around Rs.1.5 lakhs per month for domestic airlines. With enough experience, the salary moves up. Salary of an experienced commercial pilot is Rs.5-6 lakhs per month.
Let’s get back to our topic How to become Commercial Pilot in India? To become a Commercial Pilot aspirants need to join Air Flying Schools once they complete their 10+2. Candidates must pass their 10+2 exam with physics, chemistry, maths. Minimum marks to be scored by the candidates is 50%.
Given below are few of the Flying Schools for training in Flying.
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Uttar Pradesh
- Flying Training Institute, Behala, Calcutta
- Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil aerodrome, Bhubaneswar
- Karnal Aviation Club, Kunjpura Road, Karnal, Haryana
- Government Flying Club, Aerodrome, Lucknow
- School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club Ltd, New Delhi
- State Civil Aviation, UP Govt Flying Training Center Kanpur and Varanasi
- Rajasthan State Flying School, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur
- Govt Flying Training School Jakkur Aerodrome, Bangalore
- Andra Pradesh Flying Club Hydrabad Airport, Hydrabad
- Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati
- Bihar Flying Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Patna, Bihar
Candidates need to clear the entrance exam of the flying schools in India & along with that they need to clear the physical fitness test. The cost of education is assumed to be high around Rs.15-20 lakhs. Many banks can provide loan facility upto 50%. After completion of education, they get the licence of pilot. Airlines companies hire the successful candidates as trainee.
The salary of trainee is less. After successful completion of training period they are posted as pilot. Even after becoming commercial pilot, they need regular medical check up, any problem in health can cause cancellation of the licence of the pilot.
Please contribute your views on How to become Commercial Pilot in India? & let us know how you found the article 🙂