Baba Farid University of Health Sciences was established in the state of Punjab in July 1998 under an Act. It was set up with the prime mission of creating an intellectual, academic as well as physical environment which in turn becomes helpful for the free flow of ideas & exchange of information between different faculties of Universities whether within the country or outside it.
It thus contributes to the world by producing, health professionals, health planners, health managers, bio medical as well as social scientists & educators in health sciences of the nation.
In that reference, Baba Farid University of Health Science, Faridkot has announced admission for MBBS/BDS courses for 2014 session.
Eligibility criteria for MBBS/BDS admission 2014:
- Candidate must have qualified AIPMT 2014
- Age of candidate must be 17 years as on 31st December 2014.
- They should have passed with minimum 50% marks in Physics , Chemistry, Biology from a recognized University or Board(45% marks for locomotion disability & 40%marks for SC/BC).
- To be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS course, it is necessary that the candidate obtains atleast 50% marks (455 marks for persons with locomotry disability of lower limbs & 40% for SC/BC categories) in AIPMT 2014.
The inter-se-merit of candidates for tie-breaking in AIPMT is determined as follows:
- For candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in AIPMT.
- For candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry.
- For candidates with less number of attempted wrong answers in all subjects in AIPMT.
- For candidates older in age.
Post the declaration of AIPMT result, candidates will apply on the specific proforma for all seats except All India quota seats to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot. Admissions shall be made by the selection committee through a centralized counselling by the college on the basis of inter-se-merit of AIPMT 2014.
Along with that, a candidate who has passed 10+2 examinations from a recognized Board of Chandigarh Union territory, is eligible for admission in MBBS/BDS in its Medical/Dental colleges.
Candidate whose result is not yet declared are supposed to produce their result of qualifying examination by the time of counselling.
Important dates for MBBS/BDS admission 2014:
- Last date for applying online through University website: 18th August 2014.
- Last date for depositing fee in any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce: 19th August 2014 by 4:00 p.m.
- Correction Fee Rs. 500/- (in the form of DD in favour of Registrar, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot payable at Faridkot) for correction after locking the online application form: 19th August, 2014.
- Last date for submission of printout of online application along with self attested photo copies of required documents: 20th August 2014.
- Availability of Admit Card(can be downloaded from University website http://www.bfuhs.ac.in ): 20th August 2014
- Counselling dates: Shall be informed by the University in the leading newspapers as well as on the official website of University http://www.bfuhs.ac.in
Fee details for MBBS/BDS:
For General Category Rs.3000/- & Rs.1500/- for SC category only to be deposited in any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce through out India by using bank challan form which is generated after applying online up to; 18th August 2014, via University website http://www.bfuhs.ac.in in due date & time i.e. 19th August 2014 by 4:00 p.m.
Fee once deposited in University account shall not be refunded in any case.
How to apply for Online Admission Application form:
- Prior to application process, candidates must read the prospectus for the eligibility criteria fulfillment.
- Only one application is to be submitted by the candidate. On submission of multiple applications can result in rejection of application forms.
- Before applying, candidate must have deposited requisite fee at any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce by using specified Bank Challan Form available at University website.
- On deposit of fees, bank account of University shall issue a unique Transaction ID by the concerned bank which is required to be entered in the application form. Fee shall not be accepted in any other mode such as cash, DD, Cheque etc.
- On deposit of fees(Fee details are provided above) by candidates, must fill online admission application form which is available on University website http://www.bfuhs.ac.in by clicking at the link “Admission to MBBS & BDS courses 2014.”
- Photograph with size not more than 20 KB should be uploaded.
- In case candidates need to make any changes in online application form after locking, the candidate has to write separate application where in the candidate shall clearly describe what information the candidate wants to modify. Along with it a printout of the online application form shall be attached & send to University up to 19th August 2014 with correction fee of Rs.500/-in form of DD drawn in favor of Registrar, Baba Farid University of Health Science , Faridkot. Update in this regard shall be made by the University on its official website.
Interested candidates can apply for the same. Please take due note of the important dates mentioned above. Send in your queries & suggestions if any. Good Luck!!