Avinashilingam University also is also known as “Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science & Higher Education for Women”, it was initially an affiliate of the University of Madras, but was separated in the year 1987.
Avinashilingam University is meant only for ladies and has been accorded a “Deemed University Status” by the University Grants Commission (UGC)Act , 1956. This University is the largest Women’s University in India, for offering Educational Programs in the field of Home Science.
The entire education pattern of this University is Semester Based, every academic year is divided into 2 semester, each having 90 days. Another noteworthy feature of this University, is Compulsory Regular Attendance. All the students are required to have a Minimum Attendance of 75%, so as to be eligible for attending the Semester Exams.
Faculties of the Avinashilingam University:
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Community Education & Entrepreneurship Development
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Management Studies
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Home Science
- Women’s Studies Centre
- Gandhian Study Centre
- Dr. Ambedkar Studies Centre.
Facilities offered by the Institute:
- Computer centre
- Health centre
- Saradalaya press
- Instrumentation & Maintenance Facility.
Admissions to the Avinashilingam University:
All admission to the university is done through the AU EEE examinations, which are conducted, for admitting students/candidates to the Engineering Courses offered by the University.
AU EEE 2015:
Avinashilingam University conducts the Engineering Entrance Exam, every year in the month of April.
Eligibility Criteria for AU EEE 2015:
- All candidates should be born after 1st July 1994
- They should have studied full time, regular courses from Indian schools
- All candidates appearing in the 12th HSC Board Examinations 2015, are also eligible to appear
- All candidates who have passed 10+2 HSC Board Examinations with at least 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Any other equivalent examination from any other recognized Board.
Eligibility Criteria for B.E. (Lateral Entry):
- The candidate should have passed Diploma Examination from AICTE approved institution, with at least 45 % marks in Engineering/Technology.
- The candidate should have passed B.Sc Degree from any recognised university, defined by UGC with 45% and passed 12th std with Mathematics.
- In case of students belonging to B.Sc stream shall, clear the Engineerng Graphics/Engineering Drawing/Engineering Mechanics of the first year Engineering Programs along with 2nd year subjects.
- Provided further all students/candidates belonging to the B.Sc stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in the category together with diploma students.
- Provided further that students, that have cleared the diploma in engineering & technology from an AICTE approved university shall also be eligible to the 1st year engineering degree courses subject to vacancies available.
AU EEE 2015 Pattern of Paper:
The question paper would comprise of objective type question from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Application form for AU EEE 2015:
- All candidates can avail the application form and prospectus from the university office upon payment of 600/- (general) & 300/- SC/ST OR
- Candidates can avail the Application Form & Prospectus through the post by sending the DD for 650/- in favour of The Registrar, Avinashilingam University for Women, payable at Coimbatore.
All Downloaded Forms must be sent to the following address:
Avinashilingam University for Women
Documents to be Submitted with the Application Form:
- Date of Birth Certificate
- 3 recently passport size photos
- Xerox copy of community certificate, transfer certificate from previous institute
- 10th & 12th Marksheet
Date of the Examination:
Already mentioned Previously, the exam is conducted in the month of April every year.
AU EEE 2015 Exam Centres:
Avinashilingam University Campus, North Coimbatore, Coimbatore 641043
NOTE: The above article is just for information and reference sake, all dates and fees are subject to change, at the discretion of the institute.
you could also visit http://www.avinuty.ac.in/index.htm for further details and information on 2015 Engineering Entrance Examinations.
Please refer to our website www.careersamosa.com for further information on upcoming 2015 engineering entrance examinations.