The Government in the Secondary Education Department of the Assam Secondary Education Service Rules, 2012 has prescribed the revised qualifications for direct recruitment to the post of graduate teachers in various schools of the state. As a result the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) for Secondary Education in Assam is to be conducted in the mid of October, 2014 by the Government of Assam, in Secondary Education Department.
Assam TET Eligibility
- Candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam.
- Candidate must have studied Bangla/Garo/Hindi/Manipuri/Hmar/Karbi/Nepali as MIL up to class X.
- Candidate must have completed minimum Senior/ Higher Secondary or equivalent with at least 50 % marks and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education. OR Senior Secondary or equivalent with at least 50 % marks with 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed). OR Graduation from any UGC recognized University and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education.
Note: With regard to candidates having graduation degree, the minimum percentage of marks specified for Senior secondary /higher Secondary will not be required.
Assam TET Examination Pattern
Paper I: One who aims to be a teacher for classes I to V (Lower Primary Section)
- Child Development and Pedagogy (compulsory): 30 marks
- Language-I: 30 marks
- Language-II (English): 30 marks
- Mathematics : 30 marks
- Environmental Studies: 30 marks
Paper II: One who aims to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII
- Child Development and Pedagogy (compulsory) : 30 marks
- Language-I : 30 marks
- Language-II : 30 marks
- (i) For Mathematics and Science Teacher (Mathematics and Science)
(ii) For Social Studies / Social Science Teacher (Social Science)
(iii) For any other Teacher
Assam TET Important Dates:
- Availability of Admit cards online: 27th Sept 2014 onwards
- Date of examination for paper I: 19th Oct 2014