Assam Polytechnic Admission Test is popularly known as Assam PAT 2015. Assam PAT 2015 is being conducted by DTE Assam. It should be noted that the Assam Polytechnic 2015 Admissions shall be done only on the basis of this particular entrance test. Thus Assam PAT 2015 can be clearly called as a gateway for procuring admission to various Polytechnic Institutions in the limits of Assam State. Through this course, various diplomas are open to students in the fields of Engineering & Technology & Office Management.
The Directorate of Technical Education Assam (DTE) has all the authority to administer & conduct all the activities pertaining to Assam PAT 2015. There are as many as 10 Polytechnic Institutions in Assam offering Diploma Polytechnic Courses. All those candidates who wish to get admission in the Assam Polytechnic 2015 must appear in the Assam Polytechnic Admission Test 2015 (Assam PAT 2015). The main objective of the Polytechnic course studies is to produce technicians at supervisory levels so as to meet the demand of technical manpower in various field of development.
As far as Assam PAT 2015 is concerned, let us discuss about the Assam PAT 2015 Eligibility Criteria.
Assam PAT 2015 Eligibility Criteria
- In order to appear for Assam PAT 2015 entrance exam, it is necessary that candidates must be an Indian citizen & a Permanent resident of Assam.
- For getting admission into Diploma courses the candidates must have passed the H.S.L.C (High School Leaving Certificate)or 10th an eqvivalent examination from Assam State Board.
- While clearing the H.S.L.C examination, it is necessary that candidates must have studied Mathematics & Science as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must receive an average of 40% marks in Mathematics & Science for General candidates.
- Candidates must receive an average of 35% marks in Mathematics & Science for SC candidates.
- Candidates must receive an average of 33% marks in Mathematics & Science for ST candidates.
- For all the courses except Modern Office Management, candidates from General Category must be born on or after August 1, 1995 & SC/ST candidates on or after August 1,1992.
- For all the Modern Office Management, the General Category Management must be born on or after August 1,1993 & SC/ST candidates must be born on or after August 1, 1990.