It stands for Associate Membership for Institute of Engineers (India)
About Institution of Engineers (India):
The Institution of Engineers (India), also known as the IEI, is an Apex, Multi Disciplinary, Engineering Body which was established with the preamble “Promoting and Advancing the Practice and the Profession of Science and Engineering”.
The IEI comprises of more than 0.5 million Engineering Professionals, Evolving from more than 15 Engineering Disciplines, from 99 Chapters/Centers, both India and Overseas. The Institution of Engineers is situated in Kolkata.
The Institute was established in the year 1920, after its inception it was inaugurated by Lord Chelmsford, the Viceroy of British India, back there. The Institute was also conferred with the Royal Charter of Incorporation from King George V.
Accomplishments of THE IEI:
The institute has also received full membership from the Engineering Mobility Forum at the International Engineers Meetings, which were held in Tokyo, Japan in the year 2009.
IEI Membership Classification:
- Fellow- F.I.E
- Associate Member-A.M.I.E
- Chartered Engineer-C.Eng
- Professional Engineer-P.Eng
- Senior Technician Member-ST
- Technician Member-T
The IEI offers an Engineering Degree, through the distant education mode. Thus even if you are a diploma holder, who could not pursue his/her graduation due to uncertainties, then this could be your hot ticket, to accomplish your dream.
- All candidates who have passed out 12th HSC Board Examinations, at least with 45% in each of the subjects Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Any other Equivalent Examination, which is recognised by the Board.
- A student who has passed out his Diploma is also Eligible to appear for AMIE 2014.
- The candidate be 18 years as on the date of the Examination.
Syllabus for AMIE 2014:
Course Content for Section A & Section B Examination:
Section A (Non Diploma Scheme) Code 2:
- AN 201 Fundamentals of Design & Manufacturing
- AN 202 Material Science & Engineering
- AN 203 Computing & Informatics
- AN 204 Society & Environment
- AN 205 Mechanical Science
- AN 206 Engineering Physics & Chemistry
- AN 207 Engineering Drawing & Graphics
- AN 208 Electronics & Instrumentation
- AN 209 Engineering Mathematics
- AN 210 Electrical Science
Section A (Diploma Scheme) Code 3:
- AD 301 Fundamentals of Design & Manufacturing
- AD 302 Material Science & Engineering
- AD 303 Computing & Informatics
- AD 304 Society & Environment
Section B Examination Code 4:
Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials & Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Production Engineering, Textile Engineering.
AMIE 2014 Examinations:
- The AMIE Examinations are conducted across the nation every year in the month of June and December. All Applicants can appear either from India or Abroad.
- All aspirants are not allowed to appear more than 4 subjects in a year. And if a person cannot clear the examination then he can apply for the same subject again till he clears the paper.
AMIE 2014 Exam Fees:
- The AMIE Fees are 2000/- for appearing in Indian Centers, and US$150 for Abroad Centres. The examination fees are be the same irrespective of the no of subjects, that the candidate appears.
- All fees are to be paid in the form of DD, in favour of “The Institution of Engineers (India)”, payable at Kolkatta.
Date of the AMIE 2014:
The AMIE 2014, exams will be conducted in the month of December.
For further information please contact the following address mentioned below:
Official Website: www.ieindia.org
The Institution of Engineers (I),
8 Gokhale Road, Kolkata-700020
Ph : 033-22238311/22238314/22238316
Members Service: email@example.com
International Matter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Council Matters: email@example.com
The above article serves as a guide for all those aspiring to appear for the Institution of Engineers Examination 2014. Also visit our website www.careersamosa.com for more information on the upcoming 2015 Engineering Entrance Examinations.
Also feel free to write back to us, any suggestions, comments, or feedback would be highly appreciated.