The All India Post Graduate Medical Examination (AIPGMEE) is an entrance exam conducted by National Board of Examinations(NBE) in order to enroll admissions to 50% quota of MD/MS/Diploma seats in all over India (except Jammu & Kashmir, Telangana & Andhra Pradesh).
The states which are not going to conduct any kind of state entrance examination of their own are Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Orissa, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Goa & Sikkim. These state governments shall be using the result of AIPGMEE 2015 for admission purpose to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses at college.
The national level postgraduate medical entrance exam, AIPGMEE 2016 is scheduled to be conducted from December 2 to 8, 2015 for admission to 50% All India Quota MD/MS/Diploma seats in various medical colleges of India except Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Jammu & Kashmir.
According to NBE officials, last year a total of 74000 candidates took the post graduate medical entrance exam for admissions to as many as 5500 seats in 30 MD/MS and 24 Diploma programmes.
Eligibility criteria for AIPGMEE 2016:
- Candidates must possess MBBS Degree/Provisional MBBS Pass certificate from a recognized University/Board except for Jammu & Kashmir & Andhra Pradesh.
- The Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate/MBBS Degree must be recognized as per the mentioned criteria of Indian Medical Council Act. Candidates must have passed their MBBS Degree Course and completed compulsory rotatory Internship for the year 2016 will be October 31, 2015. The Colleges recognized after this date will not be considered
- Candidates must possess a permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate for MBBS issued by Medical Council of India/State Medical Council.
- AIPGMEE 2016 candidates must have completed one year internship or likely to complete on or before 31st March,2016.
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- Registration with MCI/State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counselling and admission in allotted College.
Important dates for AIPGMEE 2016:
- Online registration of AIPGMEE 2016: 16th September 2015 to 22nd October 2015
- AIPGMEE 2015 exam date: 2nd to 8th December 2015
- Declaration of result: Last week of January 2016
How to apply for AIPGMEE 2016:
Candidates are requested to submit the application form for AIPGMEE 2016 online only. Offline application or printed copies shall not be accepted. Fee can be remitted either through Debit/Credit card issued by any banks in India. The application fee of AIPGMEE 2015 for General/OBC candidates is Rs.3750/- & that for SC/ST/PWD candidates is Rs. 2750/-
National Board of Examinations
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg
Ring Road, Delhi-110 092