The All India Common Entrance Test, also known as the AICET is an entrance examination allows all 10+2 pass students to pursue graduation and post graduation courses in the field of Dental and Medical Backgrounds.
This is a national level examination,conducted for all those students and candidates, aspiring a full time course in such as MBBS or BDS; this is a pre requisite examination for these programs and courses.
So in another words all 10+2 students are required to clear this examination, if they want to pursue further graduation and post graduation courses in respective disciplines that are mentioned above.
Eligibility criteria for AICET:
- All the candidates should be a citizen of India.
- All the candidates should not be over the age of 17
- All candidates must have passed out 10+2 board examination (HSC) or any other examination equivalent to the Board Exam.
- Also all candidates that have passed the Indian School Certificate Examination or the CBSE exam equivalent to the HSC exam are also eligible to apply for AICET.
- All the candidates should clear the above mentioned examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- All candidates that belong to the general category should secure 50% and above marks in 12th board exams.
- While, all the candidates who belong to the SC, ST and OBC category would be required to secure at least 40% and above marks in their 12th board exams.
Duration of the AICET Paper:
This is a 3 hour examination and is an exam comprising of a single question paper.
Nature and Pattern of the Paper:
The AICET exam comprises of 200 multiple choice questions and is divided into 3 sections:
- Physics-50 marks
- Chemistry- 50 marks
- Biology 100 marks (Botany 50 and Zoology 50)
Syllabus of the AICET Exam:
The syllabus would be the same as that of the HSC level examination, however stated below is syllabus in brief, just to be of some assistance.
Physical World and Measurement
Laws of Motion
Work, Energy and Power
Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
Properties of Bulk Matter
Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
Oscillations and Waves
Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Atoms and Nuclei
Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
Structure of Atom
Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
Some p-Block Elements
Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques
General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
p- Block Elements
d and f Block Elements
Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
Chemistry in Everyday Life
Diversity in Living World
Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
Cell Structure and Function
Genetics and Evolution
Biology and Human Welfare
Biotechnology and Its Applications
Ecology and environment
We hope the above article would prove to be useful to all our readers, please visit our website careersamosa.com for further details on engineering entrance exams