ARSNET Sample Papers
Agricultural Research Service and ARS National Eligibility Test (ARSNET) are carried out by ASRB for the recruitment of researcher in various fields/ branches. ARSNET is an examination for scientists in Agricultural Research Service in fields such as Plant Genetics, Plant Breeding, Seed Technology, Plant Pathology, Economic Botany, Agricultural Entomology, Plant Nematology, Agricultural Chemicals/ Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Plant Physiology, Agricultural Microbiology, Agricultural Biotechnology, Animal Biotechnology, Livestock Production Management, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Chemistry, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Farm Machinery & Power, Agricultural Statistics, Agricultural Extension and many more related fields/ subjects.
ARSNET Paper Pattern and Syllabus
ARS examination comprises of two examinations that is Prelim – ARSNET Examination and ARS – Main Examination. ARSNET is to decide the eligibility for appearing for determined post where as ARS – Main Examination is for filling of the position. ARSNET is a 200 mark objective type examination with time duration of two and half hour.
ARSNET examination comprises of the following:
Part I: Essay/ Paragraphs
- To test the command over language, comprehension and writing ability including questions like short essay, précis, letter writing etc.
Part II: English Language & Comprehension (Conventional type)
- To the test the understanding of English language and its correct usage, writing ability would also be tested with question on paragraph writing/report writing etc.
Part III: General Knowledge (General Intelligence & Reasoning Ability and General Awareness)
- General Intelligence and Reasoning Ability: Verbal non –verbal type questions on analogies, similarities, differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.
- General Awareness: The test will include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to sports, history, culture, geography, economic scene, general polity, Indian constitution, scientific research and most importantly current affairs.
Part IV: Quantitative Analysis and General Mental Ability including Basic Arithmetic
- Number system, computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions, relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentage, ratio and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of tables and graphs, menstruation, time and distance, ratio and time etc.
ARSNET Sample Papers
Here are ARSNET exam previous year question papers in PDF format for your reference:
Hope above sample question papers of previous years ARSNET exams may help you to prepare for your upcoming ARSNET examination. If you have any query, feel free to share with us through your comments.